Thursday, November 18, 2010

In the Spirit of Giving

Well I do love giving, but this isn't so much in the spirit of giving as it is in the spirit of thanksGIVING. I guess that should've been my post title. I could go back and change, but sometimes it's fun to talk it out yourself while others read a long and understand you reasoning for not changing some words. After all does it really make a difference if I were to write THANKSGIVING instead of GIVING? I think not. That is a rhetorical questions, do not answer it in the comment box please. ahah.

I am thankful for this Holiday season. Which makes me sound like I am referring to Christmas when in actuality I am referring to Thanksgiving. This could be a confusing, but I know you'll catch on eventually. Well there actually is no catching on that needs to be done because I just blatantly told you that I was actually referring to Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for family. I love my family. I love the ways we do and do not get a long. We are colourful characters. It is never quiet in the Percifield household when all 5 of us are home. It actually isn't quiet whenever I am home. I bring out the best in people ahah. I am thankful for my mom and my dad and the hard work they do and the examples they are to me.

I am thankful for Texas. Because it is a great state. Also because it doesn't recieve snow. I actually like the snow just don't like the cold. Unfortunatley they come hand in hand. I like going back home and seeing green, and my pool (even though the water is cold) and the sun, and the temperatures about 70!!

I am thankful for BYU-Idaho. I love this school, not always the courses or the people. But I am thankful for this school allowing me a full week to go home for this feastful holiday.

I am thankful for food. I love food. As you can obviously tell by my bod. I love turkey, cranberry sauce, STUFFING, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, and PUMPKIN PIE. It is so tasty. I am lucky to have not one, but two thanksgiving a year. This is one of the benefits of being CANADIAN and living in AMERICA you just celebrate both!

I am thankful for work. I am so forutante to have a job with great people. SHOUT OUT to Amy (I know you will read this), Elise, Kierstin and all you other great people!! You keep me young! I feel more grown-up because I have a salary. NBD.

I wish all of you a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Travel Safely. Be Grateful. Be Thankful. Peace and Blessings.

1 comment:

KandyJill said...

Yes, it really does make a difference if you say GIVING vs. THANKSGIVING! Duhh!

And I love that you spelt colourful with a "U"!!!! Love the Canadian in you! :)

And also, I am grateful for you and your hilarious blog posts. You keep me young ;) Haha mean girls mommy! And I love your movie quotes allll the time! :) Makes me miss living with you!

Have a WONDERFUL thanksgiving! Love you!