Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hey Baby Lets Go To Vegas

I have been pretty bad at posting events in my life. Main reason being I didn't have a camera for several months because my mom dropped it. No worries though, got a new one.

For May long weekend I wanted to get out of Rexburg and as irony would have it so did Brittany - want to get out of Provo. Well where the heck would we go if we didn't go to each others home? answer: LAS VEGAS. This was very simple it would just be the two of us going. We are pretty down to earth girls and all we wanted was a place to sleep with a pool. So Brittany found a hotel that wasn't bad - it smelt of smoke and the beds were kinda hard - but it had a pool. We spent everyday doing stuff on the strip so it was really just a place to sleep, plus it had breakfast for us...BONUS! We arrived to Vegas at about 4pm on a friday and soaked up some sun for about an hour then got dressed and hit the strip. We parked at the mall and right behind it was The Wynn hotel. I don't know why but I was just mesmerized by it. I love that hotel, and I have never been in it. We continued to walk south and a restaurant came into view. We walked to serendipity where I thought I was going to die because I love the movie for one, and I didn't know they had one in Vegas - to go to this place and eat a frozen hot chocolate was on my bucket list. It was soo delicious. We continued walking down the strip looking at Vegas and just soaking it all in.

Me in front of the Wynn.


Brittany a babe in front of the Bellagio Where we also watched the famous fountain show, it was great.


While in Vegas you need to see at least one show, we opted for Cirque Du Soliel's performance of "O". It was a water show and truly amazing. The dives and flips these people do are truly amazing, wait I've already said that, but no other words to describe it. I loved every minute of it!


Me and the BlueManGroup. Yes they are fake, my parents actually went to the show a week later and really enjoyed it. This statue of them was from the wax museum there which I really wanted to go to, but Brittany didn't so we crossed that off the list early on.


In fRont of SerenDipity!!!!! We asked a bystander to take the picture, but were hesitant cause we only had Brittany's nice camera. You can never be too careful in Vegas but this man loosed trustworthy.


Us enjoying the famous FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE! The girl who seated us was actually LDS, just a cool tidbit to find on the strip. The hot chocolate was sooooooo goood!!! we were seated outside right in front of The Flamingo where Donny and Marie's faces were plastered (Mom LOVES them) it was really nice just watching the hustle and bustle while you enjoyed a treat.


While crossing over to the Bellagio before "O" we spotted the wax museum with Indiana Jones and Whoopi Goldberg outside!


So we dared to enter the Bellagio Buffet. We went in at 1:30 pm which was cheaper than the dinner, but because we went in at this time we still got the brunch buffet as well as the dinner buffet. We ate for about two hours straight. I literally thought I was going to die. I am not even joking. You just had to try everything, and some things twice. I will never eat to that feeling again. I was like Brittany I think I am going to throw up, we need to sit down. So we decided to walk to the huge M&M store which was a mistake because the smell of chocolate was overwhelming and I thought for sure I would pass out. Walking in the heat with that much food, my organs working so hard to digest was not a good mix. I needed a palce to sit down and quick. So we moved to the MGM grand lobby where we stayed for about an hour while my stomach calmed down. The food was to die for. But maybe not die, cause it didn't not feel good. I believe this is plate number one.


Me happy with plate number one of three.


Plate number three was all dessert. Yes ALL dessert. I just had to do it. Live it up while your young. The plate included two creme brulees, yoghurt with actual gold leaf on it, small chocolate fudge cones....it just goes on.


This is me at the very end. Hating to eat the second creme brulee, in pain, feeling nautious, but I did it. Really hating my decision to eat "all you can eat"


That is the end. My trip to Vegas was a great success. We ate, we played, we gambled...well Brittany did cause I am not yet 21 haha. She really only put a quarter in the slots and had no idea what she was doing so we clearly lost at what we had tried to do. That would have been hilarious if we won something. Perhaps another trip, another time. If any of you have not yet been to Vegas which I am sure the percentage is only about 1% cause everyone goes to Vegas. Well in short....GO!!! You will love it. I love the heat, I love the atmosphere strangely enough.

1 comment:

Bobby & Brittany said...

Those days in Vegas with you are some of my favourite memories! I will never forget the fountain show and the heat and the buffet (I can't believe how much crab and creme brulee we ate).